Medical Marijuana: An Action Plan for Employers
On June 26th, Oklahoma voters approved the legalization of medical marijuana by a 57% majority. The law, which is set to go into effect in late July, presents an all-new challenge in the workplace: balancing the rights of employees who possess a valid medical marijuana license with the needs of employers to maintain a safe, drug-free environment. It’s possible, but not easy. Proper execution is the key.
During this one-hour complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Charlie Plumb, Paul Ross and Kirk Turner separate fact from fiction regarding what’s included in the new law, take a look at the progress that’s been made by the Oklahoma State Department of Health in developing a framework for regulating the state’s new medical marijuana industry, and review best practices for employers for staying in compliance and out of court.
- Employment protections for medical marijuana license holders
- Implementing and enforcing lawful workplace restrictions
- Why now is the time to review and revise your drug and alcohol policies and testing programs
- Training your managers and supervisors to observe and document impairment
- What you’ll need to successfully defend yourself in the event of a lawsuit
- What to expect in the way of potential legal activity in the Oklahoma Legislature and in the courts
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: Pre-registration (by July 18, 2018) was required to qualify for HRCI or SHRM credit.
This program has been pre-approved for 1.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.